1. Canadian vehicle sales rose a sturdy 5.7 per cent last year to 1.68 million, their second highest level on record, lifted by demand for fuel-efficient passenger cars, stylish European imports and well-priced Korean models.
2. Ford Motor Co of Canada was the top-selling automaker in Canada for the third year in a row.
3. White and white pearl have dominated the global automotive colour popularity ranks for the second year in a row (according to the 2012 DuPont Automotive Colour Popularity Report). Black has fallen into 2nd place, and silver into 3rd.
4. 2012 Annual revenue for the car wash industry is estimated at $5.8 Billion.
5. Toyota reclaimed its title as the world’s top selling car maker, with General Motors and Volkswagen battling for 2nd place.
6. 2012 AJAC Canadian car of the year awards
• Canadian car of the year: Hyundai Elantra
• Utility vehicle of the year: Volkswagon Touareg TDI Clean Diesel
• Best new family car (under $30,000): Kia Optima Lx
• Best new design: Hyundai Veloster
7.2012 World Car Awards
• World car of the year: Volkswagon Up
• World performance car: Porsche 911
• Car design of the year: Range Rover Evoque
• Women’s world car of the year: Range Rover Evoque
8. Top 10 countries for car sales in 2012: China, USA, Brazil, Germany, Japan, Russia, France, India, UK, Italy.
9. November 2012, CSN Collision & Glass (Collision Solutions Network) joined forces with Quebec based Carrossier ProColor to create Canada’s largest network of quality collision repair facilities with over 260 locations across Canada.
10. In the 2012 Formula 1 Constructor’s (team) championship, Red Bull Racing beat Ferrari by 60 points.
Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel beat Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso by 3 point, claiming the title of F1 driver of the year.
By Sandra Barbaro of Albion Hills Auto Collision