The 2016 Envision is an all-new luxury compact crossover with segment-challenging driving dynamics, advanced technology, connectivity and Buick’s trademark interior acoustics.
Vehicle highlights include:
• 252-horsepower (186 kW) 2.0L turbo engine with stop/start technology, Buick’s first crossover vehicle application of HiPer Strut front suspension and Buick’s first active Twin Clutch AWD system
• LED daytime running lamps and rear LED accent lights
• Efficiency-enhancing features including active grille shutters and a structure incorporating mass-reducing high-strength steel, and an aluminum hood
• Standard heated front seats, rear seats, and steering wheel; available cooled front seats
• Sliding, 60/40-split rear seat, offering the flexibility of more legroom for second-row passengers
• Standard eight-way power-adjustable front seats and four-way-adjustable lumbar
• Kneeling cushions in the second-row seat enable a flatter load floor when the seat is folded
• Standard tri-zone climate control with rear-seat controls
• Programmable power liftgate with hands-free operation
• Active noise cancelation
• Standard nineteen-inch aluminum wheels
• Passive entry and push-button start with standard remote start
• Standard Bose premium sound system
• Available panoramic moonroof
Designers and engineers were given a clean slate to develop the Envision and they employed supercomputer technologies to help make the most of the architecture for strength, stiffness and quietness. Every aspect of the vehicle’s design and its effect on refinement was taken into consideration – even the available panoramic moonroof was designed for lower wind noise when open.
The clean-sheet design and stiff structure helped eliminate an estimated 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of add-on material to create whisper-quiet interior acoustics.
The Envision’s interior features a “floating,” wraparound instrument panel sweeps into the door panels, for a flowing, organic and inviting appearance that complements the exterior.
The large center console storage bin features damped dual wing-type doors that provide easier, less-obstructed access and allow the driver or passengers – even those in the rear – to access the storage bin without disturbing the other.
The Envision offers 360 degrees of available passive and active safety technology, including 10 standard air bags, available Automatic Park Assist, available Surround Vision camera system and Buick’s first use of Lane Keep Assist, which is standard.
The Envision will be available in showrooms this April.